French/English & Me
The earlier children are exposed to a new language, the greater their chances for fluency. In fact, research indicates that children who start learning a second language before age seven are more successful language learners. Science has shown that listening to music and processing language activate similar areas of the brain, and researchers have discovered evidence that music enhances the auditory and cognitive abilities that play a role in second language acquisition.
Our kids’ activities and lessons in Abu Dhabi use music and play, which stimulates language acquisition, and whole-body physical expression, which improves retention, to drive home the learning. Your child will sing and dance to English/French songs; enjoy engaging stories with a variety of themes; and learn new vocabulary, phrases, and expressions in a fun, natural, and developmentally appropriate way. You’ll be amazed at how your child’s confidence and English or French vocabulary will grow from week to week.
LEVEL 1: 12 MONTHS- 2 YEAR OLD
Level 1 PLA offer young toddlers a stimulating environment to explore their new movement and language skills with a sense of security, comfort, and confidence through educational children activities and lessons. As your child thrives in a music and movement-driven environment, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with him and learn to use music and play to create and simplify routines at home.
CHILDREN ACTIVITIES IN ABU DHABI
▪ Discovery and play with scarves, hoops, mirrors, and more
▪ Instrument play and introduction to basic music concepts such as high/low, fast/slow, and holding a steady beat
▪ Singing songs that include motions, repeated words, and different meters and modes
SKILLS & BENEFITS OF OUR CHILDREN ACTIVITIES
▪ Heightened body awareness and beginning competence in self-regulation of movement
▪ Development of various basic gross-motor skills, fine-motor control, and coordination
▪ Growing ability to recognize and follow patterns in music and move to a steady beat, fundamental skills that have been linked to math and language